In the morning of January 11, 2021, implementing the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 307/QĐ-TTg of February 27, 2020 on the organization of the Economic Census 2021, Decision 1344/QĐ-BKHDT dated 3/9/2020 on the promulgation of the Plan for the Economic Census 2021, the Central Economic Census Steering Committee in coordination with the General Statistics Office organized the Training Conference of Economic Census 2021. Ms. Nguyen Thi Huong, General Director of the General Statistics Office, Deputy Head of the Central Economic Census Steering Committee chair the Conference.
Attending the meeting directly at the headquarters of General Statistics Office are leaders of the General Statistics Office; the delegates are members of the Steering Committee, Standing Group; leadership representatives and specialists in departments of the General Statistics Office; delegates came from 63 Statistical Offices in provinces/cities under central; delegates representing ministries and branches. Attending the conference online there are bridge points at 63 Statistical Departments of provinces/cities under central.
Speaking at the opening of the Conference, Ms. Nguyen Thi Huong, General Director of the General Statistics Office, Deputy Head of the Central Economic Census Steering Committee emphasized that this is a large-scale census with complex content. related to many different objects of investigation such as enterprises, business establishments, non-business units, associations, religious establishments, beliefs, the Central Economic Census Steering Committee held the Training Conference of Economic Census 2021 which is of great significance in the process of preparing for the Census implementation.
The Economic Census 2021 is one of three very important Censuses conducted by the statistics sector that will provide comprehensive data on the industry, construction and service sectors; helps to reflect the scale of GDP, the structure of each economic sector in GDP, as an important premise for the calculation of the national GDP data and the GRDP of each locality. That has great significance for the direction and administration of the ministries, branches and localities, helping the Party and State have an overall economic picture of the whole country; capture the current situation of the economy in general and of each branch and locality in order to locate each sector, where each locality is in the development process; identifying potentials and advantages that need to be exploited; identify barriers and challenges that must be overcome; and most importantly, making appropriate decisions, direction and administration for a fast and sustainable economic development. The results of this survey will also be an important basis for successful implementation of the major tasks of the ministries, branches and the Government on economic restructuring, growth model renewal, and efficiency improvement, productivity and competitiveness of the economy.
The main contents will be presented, trained and discussed during the Conference include: (1) the Census plan and new points of the Economic Census 2021; (2) Information collection process, sampling process for businesses and cooperatives; (3) Business information collection software; (4) Explain the contents and recording methods of the questionairs; (5) Process, content; methods and software for collecting information of questionairs; (6) Practice of recording; (7) Propaganda, inspection and supervision of the Census; (8) Guidance on the management and use of funds; (9) Introduction of the operating operation WEB site.
So far, all preparation work related to the Census has been basically completed by the Ministry of Planning and Investment (General Statistics Office). The General Statistics Office has implemented a pilot survey in 4 provinces and cities, including Hanoi, Hai Phong, Phu Yen, and Tien Giang, from which recommendations and suggestions to improve the Economic Census 2021.
On behalf of the Steering Committee, Mr. Nguyen Trung Tien, Deputy Director of the General Statistics Office, Head of the Standing Group of the Central Economic Census presented a report introducing the main content of the Plan and new points. of the 2021 Economic Census. According to the report, the 2021 Census has some new points as follows: (1) Supplementing and collecting information on the situation of information technology application, serving to reflect the digital economy in Vietnam; (2) Determined and identify the object of the investigation and the unit of investigation; (3) Basic improvement of the survey questionnaire; (4) To thoroughly apply information technology; (5) Investigate the Administrative and Professional units; (6) Develop electronic lectures.
In order to successfully carry out the Census, the Central Economic Census Steering Committee recommends the following contents:
1. The Statistics branch shall well perform the role of leading and guiding the census implementation plans, operations and plans for the Steering Committee of the Ministry of National Defense, the Ministry of Public Security, the local Steering Committees, the Public Working Groups. partners of ministries and branches; advise and make plans for Ministry leaders, local leaders to direct the Census according to a unified plan, suitable to the specifics of the industry and each locality;
2. Ministries, branches, People’s Committees at all levels, Departments, Committees and Branches closely coordinate with the General Statistics Office and statistical agencies at all levels, creating the most favorable conditions for propagation and implementation. Census. Strengthen provision and sharing of information from administrative management data such as tax data, business registration, health management, education, culture, information, communication … for the Census investigation. The investigation units complied with the request to provide statistical information according to the Census questionnaire; strictly implementing the proposed Census plan, ensuring the completion of the works on schedule.
3. To well carry out professional training at all levels, strengthen communication so that investigators and information providers in investigation units understand their responsibilities and obligations in providing. data; what data to provide and how to calculate it to ensure data quality and consistency;
4. Strengthening the inspection and supervision in all forms to ensure that the Census plan is implemented consistently in ministries, branches and localities, and enumerators comply with regulations when collecting data. The Head of the Census Steering Committee and the General Statistics Office are requested to strengthen directing, checking and monitoring to ensure that all enumerators have to collect information from the investigation units;
5. The inspection and processing of the Census data should be conducted urgently and closely to soon complete the data synthesis, analysis and publication. The General Statistics Office develops outlines and compiles thematic reports from the Census’s information, in order to promptly provide in-depth statistical information for situation assessment, planning, socio-economic development policies of the economy, sectors, fields and localities, serving the consultation of the Ministry of Planning and Investment, ministries, branches and localities to propose to recommend appropriate policies to help the Party and Government grasp and well direct the country’s development strategy in the new situation.