In the context of the Covid-19 epidemic continuing complicated developments in the world, as of 20th January 2021, Vietnam attracted more than 2 billion USD of foreign investment capital, including registered capital, adjust investment capital and total value of capital contribution, went down 62.2% over the same period in 2020, that was one of the positive signs of the economy in 2021. The Investment Law of 2020 has some changes compared to the 2014 Investment Law, making it difficult for localities to issue new investment registration certificates and adjust investment capital.
Out of more than 2 billion FDI inflows into Vietnam in January 2021, there are 47 newly licensed projects with a registered capital of 1.3 billion USD, an decrease of 81.8% in the number of projects and a decrease of 70.3% of registered capital as compared to the same period in 2020; 46 turns of projects which were licensed in the previous years registered to adjust investment capital with the additional capital of 0.5 billion USD, a growth of 41.4% over the same period last year; 194 turns of capital contribution and share purchases of foreign investors with a total value of capital contribution of 0.2 billion USD, a drop of 58.7% over the same period in 2020, including 52 turns of capital contribution capital, share purchase increased charter capital of the enterprise with the value of contributed capital of 0.13 billion USD and 142 turns of foreign investors repurchased domestic shares without increasing the charter capital with a value of 0.09 billion USD.
Some major projects in January 2021:
(1) Radian tire manufacturing project (China) in Tay Ninh, adjusted to increase investment capital by more than 312 million USD (Adjusted Investment Certificate dated January 6, 2021).
(2) Kodi New Material Vietnam Factory Project (Singapore), with registered investment capital of 270 million USD with the goal of manufacturing and processing tablets and laptops in Bac Giang (granted certificate of investment certificate on January 15 / 2021).
(3) JA Solar PV Vietnam photovoltaic cell technology project (China), with an investment of 210 million USD, with the goal of manufacturing photovoltaic cells in Bac Giang (granted certificate of investment certificate on January 15, 2021) .
(4) Everwin Technology Co., Ltd. (Hong Kong) project, with a total investment of $ 200 million with the goal of manufacturing plastic products in Nghe An (issuing Investment Certificate dated January 6, 2021).
(5) United States Enterprises (United States) Semiconductor Material Factory Project, with a total investment of 110 million USD, with the goal of manufacturing parts for machinery and equipment manufactured in the semiconductor and electronics industries. in Da Nang (issuance of Investment Registration Certificate dated January 19, 2021).
Foreign direct investment capital that implemented in January reached 1.5 billion USD, a growth of 4.1% over the same period last year, of which the manufaturing activity reached 1.1 billion USD, accounting for 71.7% of total foreign direct investment capital; real estate activities gained 235 million USD, making up 15.6%; electricity, gas, steam and air conditionaling supply recorded nearly 93.4 million USSD, comprising of 6.2%.