Based on the Decree No116/2008/ND-CP dated November 14, 2008 by the Government providing the functions, duties, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI);
The Prime Minister issues this Decision to amend and supplement Point (a), Clause (1), Article 3 of the Prime Minister’s Decision No.54/2010-QD-TTg dated August 24, 2010, which defined functions, duties, powers and organizational structure of the General Statistics Office directly under the Ministry of Planning and Investment.
– Administration Department (with a representative office in Ho Chi Minh City).
This Decision shall take effect from 10/01/2014.
Ministers, heads of ministerial equivalent agencies, heads of bodies directly under the Government, presidents of People’s committees of provinces and cities under the central management, Director General of GSO and other organizations and personals related to the statistics shall be responsible to execute this Decision./.
|– Central Committee Secretariat;
– Prime Minister, Deputy Prime Ministers;
– Ministries, ministerial equivalent organs, bodies under the Government;
– People’s Councils, People’s committees of provinces, cities under the central management;
– Party’s Central Office and committees;
– General Secretary’s Office;
– President’s Office;
– Ethnic Group Council and committees of the NA;;
– NA’s Office;
– People’s Supreme Court;
– People’s Supreme Procuracy;
– State Auditing Agency;
– National Financial Supervision Committee;
– Social Policy Bank;
– Viet Nam Development Bank;
– Central Committee of the Viet Nam Fatherland Front;
– Central body of all unions;
– Government’s Office: Minister, Chairman, Vice Chairmen, Electronic Information Gate, Subordinate departments, Gazette;
– Files and records
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence – Freedom – Happiness
Ha Noi, 24 August 2010
Specify the fuction, duty, authority and organisational structure of
The General Statistics Office directly under the Ministry of Planning and Investment
Based on the Government Organisation Law dated 25 December 2001;
Based on the Statistical Law dated 17 June 2003;
Based on the Decree No. 178/2007/NĐ-CP dated 03 December 2007 by the Goverment providing the function, duty, authority and organisational structure of minstry, ministerial equivalent organisation;
Based on the Decree No. 116/2008/NĐ-CP dated 14 November 2008 by the Goverment providing the function, duty, authority and organisational structure of the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI);
Considering the MPI Minister’s proposal,
Article 1. Position and function
- The General Statistics Office (GSO) is an institution directly under MPI, performing the advisory function to help the MPI Minister in doing the task of state management in the field of statistics; conducting statistical operations and providing socio-economic statistical information to all agencies, organisations and individuals in accordane with the law.
- GSO is a legal entity, having its own seal of national coat of arms form, account and head office located in Ha Noi.
Article 2. Duty and authority
GSO should execute following duties and authority:
1 To submit following matters to the MPI Minister to bring forward to the Government, the Prime Minister for cosideration and decision:
a) Law and ordinance projects, drafted resolutions, decrees and decisions of the National Assembly (NA), NA Standing Committee, Government and Prime Minister concerning statistics;
b) Important statistical strategies, plans, action programs, projects;
c) National Statistical Indicator System, Basic Statistical Reporting System, General Statistical Reporting System, National Statistical Census and Survey Program, Statistical Classifications applied for many sectors and field; decisions on statistical censuses and other important legal documents concerning statistics in accordance with the law.
2. To submit to the MPI Minister matters below for consideration and decision:
a) Statistical data dissemination regulations, Statistical Indicator System at provincial, district and communal levels; contens and methods for calculating main statistical indicators;
b) Five year and annual plans of the statistics;
c) Other statistical documents under the MPI Minister’s competence of promulgation.
3. To assist the MPI Minister in directing, publicizing, disseminating and educating statistical law, and conducting and realising statistical legal documents, policies, strategies, plans, schedules, programs and projects after they are approved and promulgated by competent level.
4. To promulgate documents and guide implementation of statistical classification, statistical reporting system, statistical census/survey, use of administrative records to serve the statistical work, and other specialized statistical documents in accordance with the law.
5. To give improvement training of statistical knowledge to statistical staff in ministries, ministerial equivalent agencies, bodies directly under the Government, People’ s Supreme Court, People’ s Supreme Procuracy, people committees of all levels, enterprises and public service units.
6. To assess the technical speciality of the Special Statistical Classification, Basic Statistical Reporting System, General Statistical Reporting System, list of statistical surveys other than the National Statistical Census and Survey Program and the statistical survey projects before the Minister, Head of a ministerial equivalent agencies, Heads of bodies directly under the Government, Chief of the People’ s Supreme Court, Director of the People’ s Supreme Procuracy, heads of central organizations and unions, presidents of provincial people’s committees directly under central management decide on progulmation.
7. To collect statistical and survey reports provided by ministries, ministerial equivalent agencies, bodies directly under the Government, People’ s Supreme Court, People’ s Supreme Procuracy, provincial people’s committees directly under central management.
8. To make analytic statistical reports and forecasts of the socio-economic situation for every month, quarter, year and several years; reports to assess the performance of the country’s strategic goals and socio-economic development plans; special analytic statistical reports and other unscheduled reports.
9. To access, use, copy, take notes primary databases of organisationa and units performing basic and general reporting systems, statistical surveys, and administrative records of agencies for statistical purposes; establish, manage and share information from national statistical databases in accordance with the law.
10. To assist the MPI Minister in managing the dissemination of socio-economic information in accordance with the law.
11. To disseminate statistical data from the National Indicator System; provide socio-economic information to organisations and individuals, in and out the country in accordance with the law.
12. To compile and publish the Statistical Year Book and other statistical products.
13. To perform the task of foreign statistics, covering collection and compilation of socio-economic data from foreign countries, make statistical international comparison and disseminate the international statistical methodology; carry out the international cooperation in various areas of statistics in accordance with the law and decentralized administration by the MPI Minister.
14. To direct, conduct research, apply the statistical science and modern statistical technics;
15. To Apply and develop information and communication technology in the processes of collecting, processing, tabulating, analizing, forecasting, disseminating and storing statistical data.
16. To manage the organisation, workforce; implement the system of wages and salary, system of preferential allowances according to the statistical industry and others; organize competition, commends and rewards, punishment; training and improvement of technical speciality for staff, civil servants and employees within the sphere of management of GSO in accordance with the law and decentralized administration by the MPI Minister.
17. To carry out the administrative reform; protect and fight corruption and waste; check, inspect and settle any cases of laying accusing complaint to law-violated deeds within the sphere of management of GSO in accordance with the law.
18. To manage assigned finance, assets and invested building projects in accordance with the law and decentralized administration by the MPI Minister.
19. To implement supply of public statistical service in accordance with the law.
20. To undertake the state management over self-controlled public service units and enterprises directly under GSO in accordance with the law.
21. To perform other duties and authority according to law or assigned by the MPI Minister.
Article 3. Organisational structure
GSO is vertically organised from central to local administrative level, ensuring the principle of centralization and unity:
1 GSO’s headquarters at central level:
a) Administrative units to assist the Director-General in implementing the function of state management:
– Statistical Methodology and Information Technology (IT) Department;
– Integral Statistics Department;
– System of National Accounts (SNA) Department;
– Industrial Statistics Department;
– Agriculture, Forestry and Fishery Statistics Department;
– Trade and Service Statistics Department;
– Construction and Invesment Capital Statistics Department;
– Price Statistics Department;
– Population and Labour Statistics Department;
– Social and Environmental Statistics Department;
– Foreign Statistics and International Cooperation Department;
– Personnel Department;
– Financial Planning Department;
– Legislation, Publicity, Emulation-Rewards Department;
– Administrator Department (a representative in Ho Chi Minh City).
b) Public service units:
– Statistical Science Institute;
– Statistical Documentation and Service Centre;
– Statistical Computer Centre I;
– Statistical Computer Centre II;
– Statistical Computer Centre III;
– Figures and Events Review;
– Statistical Publishing House;
– Statistical College;
– Statistical Intermediate School;
2. Local statistical offices:
a) Statistical offices in provinces or cities directly under central management (generally called provincial statistical office [PSO]) directly under GSO.
b) Statistical offices in districts, country towns, or cities under the province (generally called district statistical office [DSO]) directly under PSO.
PSO and DSO are legal entities having their own seals and head offices. They have right to open accounts at the national treasure according to law.
Article 4. GSO Management
1 GSO has one General Director and not more than 03 Deputies.
2. The Director-General and Deputies are appointed and dismissed by the MPI Minister according to law.
The Director-General shell specify functions, duties, authority and the organisational structure of all units directly under GSO; appoint or dismiss the head and his/her deputy of all units directly under GSO in accordance with the law and decentralized administration by the MPI Minister.
3. The Director-General shall be responsible to the MPI Minister and the law for all operations of the GSO. The Deputy Director-General shall be responsible to the Director-General and the law for his/her assigned in-charge area.
Article 5. Validity and responsibility
1 This Decision is effective since 10 October 2010.
Any previous regulations that are contrary to thi Decision will be abolished.
2. Ministers, heads of ministerial equivalent agency, heads of bodies directly under the Government, presidents of People’s committees of provinces and cities under the central management, General Director of GSO and other organisations and personals related to the statistics shall be responsible to execute this Decision./.