THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence – Freedom - Happiness
Hà Nội, August 3, 2007
On preparation of the Population and Housing Census
at 0 am April 1st, 2009
The Statistical Law stipulates that the Population and Housing Census is conducted every 10 years. Results of the Population and Housing Census conducted at 0 am April 1st, 1999 provided an amount of basic and detailed information which was foundation for planning, socio-economic development policy making and for management of sectors at different levels in the period 2000-2010. In order to have a foundation for evaluating implementation results of State’s and Party’s guidelines and policies in the period 2000-2010 and make the socio-economic development plan for the period 2011-2020, the Prime Minister requests line ministries, People’s committees at different levels to fulfill the following specific tasks for preparation of the Population and Housing Census at 0 am April 1, 2009:
1. The Ministry of Planning and Investment (The General Statistics Office) in collaboration with related line ministries takes the chair to promptly prepare for the Population and Housing Census in the whole country at 0 am April 1st, 2009. The preparation related to designing the census instruction and plan including pilot survey must be finished in the second quarter of 2008.
2. The Ministry of Defense, the Ministry of Public Security, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs cooperate with the Ministry of Planning and Investment (the General Statistics Office) to prepare, design the census instruction and plan on demography in the scope of their management.
3. The Ministry of Finance has a plan to prepare budget for the Census implementation and in collaboration with the General Statistics Office to make a detailed budget plan for the Census.
4. The Provincial/City People’s Committees in collaboration with the Ministry of Planning and Investment (the General Statistics Office) conduct pilot survey, identify and hand over the exact management territories between administrative units, making good preparation for the Population and Housing Census at 0 am April 1st, 2009.
5. During the preparation for the Population and Housing Census in 2009, the Ministry of Planning and Investment (the General Statistics Office) may make use of the technical and financial assistance of international organizations and foreign countries. These assistances must be balanced in the total budget for the Census.
After the preparation, pilot survey and the Population and Housing Census plan, the Ministry of Planning and Investment (the General Statistics Office) makes report to the Prime Minister for consideration and approval on decision of the implementation of the Census.
The Ministry of Planning and Investment, related line ministries, provincial/city people’s committees have responsibility for implementing this Instruction./.
- The Central Party’s Secretary Board;
- The Prime Minister, the Deputy Prime Ministers;
- Ministries, Ministerial equivalents, Government-affiliated agencies;
- The Central Direction Agency on corruption prevention;
- Provincial/City People’s Councils, Provincial/City People’s Committees;
- The Party’s Central Agencies and Boards;
- The State President Office;
- The Minority Ethnic Council and the National Assembly’s Boards;
- The National Assembly Office;
- The People’s Supreme Court;
- The People’s Supreme Procuracy;
- The State Audit;
- The Vietnam Fatherland Front;
- The Central Agencies of Associations;
- The Government’s Office: Chairman, Deputy Chairmen, Government’s website, the 112 Steering Board, the Prime Minister’s Spokesman, Departments, Agencies, Public Mass Media;
- Paper archives, KTTH (5b). A. 305
THE PRIME MINISTER
Nguyen Tan Dung