Functions, duties, power and organizational structure
of Ho Chi Minh City’s Statistical Office
DIRECTOR-GENERAL OF THE STATISTICS OFFICE (GSO)
Based on Decision No 54/2010/QĐ-TTg dated August 24, 2010 by The Prime Minister on functions, duties, power and organizational structure of GSO under direct management of the Ministry of Planning & Investment (MPI);
Based on Decision No 676/QĐ-BKH dated May 25, 2009 by the Minister of MPI on the decentralization of management for cadres, civil servants, staff in administrative and public-service sectors under MPI;
Considering suggestions of the Director of Ho Chi Minh City’ Statistical Office (HCMCSO) and the Director of GSO’s Personnel Department,
Article 1. Position and function
1. HCMCSO is an organization directly under GSO, assisting the General Director of GSO to take uniform state management in the field of statistics in HCM City; to conduct statistical activities according to the work plan assigned by the General Director; to provide social-economic statistics for the leadership and management of the City’s Party and administrative leaders and for agencies, organizations and individuals in accordance with law.
2. The City’ Statistical Office has legal status, its own seal, its head office and can open account at the State Treasury in accordance with law.
Article 2. Duties and powers
1. Making social-economic statistical reports for each month, quarter, year and for many years; assessing the accomplishment of the City’s social-economic development planned targets and making special subject-matter analyses according to the work plan assigned by the Director General of GSO; providing social-economic statistics for the leadership and management of the City’s Party and administrative leaders and for agencies, organizations and individuals in accordance with law.
2. Conducting collection, processing and combination of information from grassroots statistical report and performing statistical surveys/censuses according to GSO’ plan and guidance. Carrying out statistical surveys assigned by the City’s Chairman of People Committee and using local budget after GSO’ technical assessment.
3. Collecting statistical reports and reports on statistical survey results provided by the City’s departments, branches, people committees of districts and other organizations and units located in the City.
4. Compiling and publishing Statistical Yearbook and other statistical products.
5. Managing and carrying out dissemination of social-economic statistical information under the statistical indicators system for province/district/commune level to agencies, organizations and individuals in accordance with law and decentralization of management by the Director General of GSO.
6. Accessing, exploiting, backing up and recording primary statistical databases and administrative registration records of the departments, branches, people committees of districts for statistical purpose use in accordance with law. Establishing and managing the social-economic statistical database in the area of the City.
7. Propagandizing, disseminating and educating law about statistics; acting upon legal documents, policies, strategies, plans, programs, projects after issuance and approval by the authority level.
8. Assessing statistical competence according to the decentralization of management by the Director General of GSO. Giving guidance on statistical specialty to statistical units of departments, branches; enterprises and communes.
9. Checking, inspecting and solving complaint/denouncement for implementation of the Statistical Law of organizations and individuals in the area of the City in accordance with law.
10. Researching, applying advanced science in statistical operations, applying information technology in the process of collecting, processing, summarizing, analyzing, forecasting, disseminating, backing up statistical information and administrative management activity according to GSO’s programs and schedules.
11. Managing the organizational system, workforce, statistical collaborators, implementing regulations on salary, preferential allowance for statistical profession and other treatments; emulation, reward, discipline; training of specialty for statistical staff under the Office’s management in accordance with law and decentralization of management by the Director General of GSO.
12. Putting in an estimate for budget, realizing the estimate and drawing a balance- sheet on an annual basis according to GSO’s guidance; management of assigned finance, assets and construction investment projects in accordance with law.
13. Realizing administration renovation; protection of corruption and misspending; Checking, inspecting and solving complaint/denouncement for law violated actions of cadres and employees under the Office’s management in accordance with law.
14. Carrying out provision of public service in statistics in accordance with law.
15. Performing other tasks assigned by the General Director of GSO.
Article 3. Organizational structure
HCMCSO is organized vertically by two levels of administrative units to secure the principle of concentration and unification:
1. HCMCSO consists of:
- Integral Statistics Bureau;
- Agricultural Statistics Bureau;
- Industrial-Constructional Statistics Bureau;
- Commercial Statistics Bureau;
- Population, Cultural-Social Statistics Bureau;
- Personnel-Administration Bureau;
2. Branch Statistical Offices in the City’s quarters/districts (generally called District Statistical Office (DSO) directly under HCMCSO.
DSO has legal status, its own seal, its head office and can open account at the State Treasury in accordance with law.
The General Director of GSO specifies functions, duties. Powers and organizational structure of DSO.
Article 4. The management of HCMCSO
1. HCMCSO has director and deputy directors.
2. The director and deputy directors are appointed and dismissed by the General Director of GSO in accordance with law.
3. The director is responsible to the General Director of GSO for activities of the office; deciding to appoint/dismiss the head /his deputy of units directly under the Office in accordance with law and decentralization of management by the Director General of GSO.
4. Deputy director is responsible to the director for the area of work assigned to him.
Article 5. Effect and responsibility
1. This Decision shall take effect from the date of signing.
Documents contrary to speculations in this Decision shall be abolished.
2. Directors of Personnel Department, Financial Planning Department, Chief of GSO’ Office, Director of HCMCSO and Heads of related units shall be responsible to execute this Decision.